There are just two ELVIS races left for 2022 and all runners are needed for race 7 and runners, marshals and cake bakers are needed for race 8.
Barking Park ELVIS (5K) is on Monday 29 August at 10.30 am and the ELR ELVIS in Valentine's Park (5K) will be on Sunday 25 September at 10.30am. We'd love to beat our records in terms of participants, not to mention PBs, so enter before you forget!
A word of encouragement to those who lack confidence to enter these races. Everyone of you is valued and everyone of you makes a difference. Our slower runners just by entering the ELVIS races push our competitors lower down the finish placings. The attendance and contribution of our slower runners is much appreciated as well as the efforts of our faster runners who are racing to score (each ELVIS race requires a team of 6 men and 6 women to score). Our men's and women's teams are currently in second place so a good turnout from ELR in the final two races for this season would help significantly in trying to topple Eton Manor AC who are just in front and to keep Ilford AC from getting ahead.
Monday 29 August, 10.30am (Barking - Barking Park - 5K)
Sunday 25 September, 10.30am (ELR - Valentine's Park - 5K)
East London Runners, is pleased to host a great chip timed road race set in the scenic grounds of Valentines Park, Ilford. Provisional UKA Road Licence Number 2022-42566.
This is the 8th and final ELVIS race of the season. The course is flat and fast and will be run all on paths completely within the perimeter of the park and will be traffic free. East London Runners will donate the race surplus including the cake stall proceeds to Love Elhap. We will also have our children's race back this year!
Race entry is open to all ELVIS Affiliated Clubs, other Clubs, and the general public aged 15 years and over. Costs are £10.00 for affiliated athletes, and £12.00 for unaffiliated. Confirmation of entry will be sent to you by email to the address provided within the entry details. Deadline to enter is the 22nd of September at midnight but entries on the day will be allowed for a fee.
Looking forward to see many of you there!
Sponsored by Leyton Sports Massage (Your race entry includes a 10% off a runner's MOT with report ).
Sign up using the registration page.
The run will start and finish at Eton Manor Rugby Club, Nutter Lane, Wanstead E11 2JA.
New members are welcome. Please come along and try us out for up to three trial runs.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or come along on the night.
River Roding Tow Paths/Roding Country Park (Approx 10K)
Saturday morning parkrun. At 9am FREE timed 5k runs/races at Wanstead Flats (Harrow Road), Roding Valley Recreation Ground (Loughton), Walthamstow (Peter May Sports Ground), Valentines Park, Ilford and many other venues across London, the UK and other Countries. Suitable for all levels from beginners to experienced runners.
First timers register at www.parkrun.com
Following our survey on the future of Wednesday club run and our trial at Eton Manor Rugby Club, we have made a decision about how these will work going forward.
1) It's obvious from the survey that Eton Manor is a popular base, so in future all club runs except Club Colours Socials will start and finish at the rugby club.
2) Club Colours Social Runs - on the first Wednesday of each month - will start and finish at the pub we're holding that month's social in. This should make logistics easier for those driving or cycling to the run.
3) There will continue to be approximately 8 different pace groups, one for each 30-second range of paces. (8-8.30, 8.30-9 etc).
4) Group leaders can either plan their own route each week or they can choose to follow a suggested route planned by Michael Wilson.
5) We encourage all groups to stick together, so that no-one gets left behind. To ensure this happens, we're asking all runners to be as realistic as possible in their choice of pace group. We're also asking leaders to stop and regroup periodically if needed to ensure that the group stays together. We need to be an inclusive club and we don't want people getting left behind on runs.
6) Eton Manor Rugby Club will soon be opening an indoor area and/or heating outside, so we won't need to worry about freezing our way through winter.
The arrangements will be reviewed once Wanstead Leisure Centre is available for use again.
Hopefully this covers anything, but feel free to ask any questions. Thank you to everyone who completed the survey. It was a fantastic response and really helped us to make these plans.
East London Runners
Wanstead Leisure CentreRedbridge Lane WestWansteadLondonE11 2JZ
Monday: Track NightWednesday: Club RunSaturday: parkrunSunday: Long Run
Contact UsJoining the ClubWhat's OnResultsDistance Log