The run will start and finish at Eton Manor Rugby Club, Nutter Lane, Wanstead E11 2JA.
New members are welcome. Please come along and try us out for up to three trial runs.
Email: email@example.com or come along on the night.
Wanstead Flats and Wanstead Park Run - (Approx 6 Miles)
Map of Route:
Saturday morning parkrun. At 9am FREE timed 5k runs/races at Wanstead Flats (Harrow Road), Roding Valley Recreation Ground (Loughton), Walthamstow (Peter May Sports Ground), Valentines Park, Ilford and many other venues across London, the UK and other Countries. Suitable for all levels from beginners to experienced runners.
First timers register at www.parkrun.com
Approx 5 Mile Off Road race organised by ILFORD ATHLETIC CLUB.
Supporting St. Francis Hospice Havering-atte-Bower celebrating the life of Newman Sargent.
This race is also Leg 4 of the Elvis Grand Prix. Please visit www.elvisraces.club for further details.
Wednesday 6th July 2022 - Start Time 7.30pm.
***** Please Note *****
For this year only, due to building works in the Country Park, the race will start and finish on the plain at Chigwell Row, Lambourne Rd (opposite Millers Lane) post code IG7 6ET
Parking on the plain. Please DO NOT park at The Two Brewers Pub or in local residential side roads.
Entries will also be available on the day but will incur a £2 surcharge and will close at 7.15pm.
Minimum Entry Age 15 years of age on race day.
Prizes for minimum of first three senior men and women plus first M40, M50, M60, F40, F50 and F60.
Confirmation of entry will be sent to you by email if supplied.
Race numbers are to be collected on the day from race HQ so please arrive early to collect your number.
Prizes will be presented on the day as soon as possible after the race has finished.
Results will be posted on the Club website www.ilfordathleticclub.co.uk asap after the event.
See ELVIS Grand Prix for further details of individual races and how to enter. We are still waiting for details of races 7 and 8.
Wednesday 25 May, 7.30pm (Dagenham - Central Park - 5 miles)
Tuesday 14 June, 7.30pm (Havering '90 Joggers - Raphael Park - 5 miles)
Tuesday 21 June, 7.30pm (East End Road Runners - QEOP - 5K)
Wednesday 6 July, 7.30pm (Ilford Newman Hilly 5 - Hainault Country Park - 5 miles)
Wednesday 20 July, 7.30pm (Harold Wood - Harold Wood Park - 5K)
Saturday 6 August, 10.30am (Orion - Chingford Plain - 5 miles)
Monday 29 August, 10.30am (Barking - Barking Park - 5K)
Sunday 25 September, 10.30am (ELR - Valentine's Park - 5K)
Details of how to enter will be published in due course
24 hour multi-terrain relay or solo race in Hornchurch Country Park. Teams of two to eight runners run through the night, testing their speed, endurance, torch batteries and teamwork. Event starts at midday on 16 July with the first 5.75 mile lap. As a team, you will not stop until midday on 17 July. One runner from each team on the course at all times and runners must complete a full circuit (5.75 miles) before handing over to a team mate.
If you're not yet in a team and are interested in taking part, there will be some places available on transfer in existing teams so check first.
Following our survey on the future of Wednesday club run and our trial at Eton Manor Rugby Club, we have made a decision about how these will work going forward.
1) It's obvious from the survey that Eton Manor is a popular base, so in future all club runs except Club Colours Socials will start and finish at the rugby club.
2) Club Colours Social Runs - on the first Wednesday of each month - will start and finish at the pub we're holding that month's social in. This should make logistics easier for those driving or cycling to the run.
3) There will continue to be approximately 8 different pace groups, one for each 30-second range of paces. (8-8.30, 8.30-9 etc).
4) Group leaders can either plan their own route each week or they can choose to follow a suggested route planned by Michael Wilson.
5) We encourage all groups to stick together, so that no-one gets left behind. To ensure this happens, we're asking all runners to be as realistic as possible in their choice of pace group. We're also asking leaders to stop and regroup periodically if needed to ensure that the group stays together. We need to be an inclusive club and we don't want people getting left behind on runs.
6) Eton Manor Rugby Club will soon be opening an indoor area and/or heating outside, so we won't need to worry about freezing our way through winter.
The arrangements will be reviewed once Wanstead Leisure Centre is available for use again.
Hopefully this covers anything, but feel free to ask any questions. Thank you to everyone who completed the survey. It was a fantastic response and really helped us to make these plans.
East London Runners
Wanstead Leisure CentreRedbridge Lane WestWansteadLondonE11 2JZ
Monday: Track NightWednesday: Club RunSaturday: parkrunSunday: Long Run
Contact UsJoining the ClubWhat's OnResultsDistance Log