We can recommend the following races/training runs which have been tried and tested by many members of East London Runners in the past. All distances shown are in miles.
1. Bank Holiday Tuesday 27th December 2016 - 11.00am - ILFORD AC 10 mile Cross Country - Race For Kev at Hainault Forest (Lambourne Road). 3 laps of an undulating route comprising tracks and grassland of Hainault Forest. This is an Open race but will also include the Ilford AC Club Championships.
2. Sunday 15th January 2017 - 10.30am. - Benfleet 15."Mud, water, wind, mud, pain. Great organisation and marshalling". It has a challenging 15 mile, multi-terrain course, incorporating sections of the Canvey Island sea wall, and the undulating Hadleigh Downs.
3. Saturday 21st January 2017 - Orion Harriers Mercury 10. Off road in Epping Forest. Expect mud and hills.
4. Sunday 29th January 2017 - 9.30am - Gade Valley Harriers 12 mile Marathon Training run. Please download this REGISTRATION FORM and bring it with you on the day. There is NO pre-registration. £5.00 cash on the day.
5. Sunday 26th February 2017 - 9.30am - Gade Valley Harriers 17 mile Marathon Training run. Details and cost as above.
6. Sunday 26th February 2017 - 9.00am - Roding Valley Half Marathon. Very popular local race around the hilly streets of, Chigwell, Buckhurst Hill and Woodford. Starts and finishes on the running track at Ashton Playing Fields, Woodford Bridge.
7. Sunday 5th March 2017 - 10am - Essex 20. Held at Langham, Essex. A Challenging 3 lap course around the quiet country lanes of North East Essex. The race is open to all, but beware the cut off time of 4 hours.
8. Sunday 12th March 2017 - Finchley 20 - 9.00am. - Bury Street, Ruislip, Middlesex. 4 laps of 5 miles, undulating road, town and rural.
9. Saturday 25th March 2017 - 10am - Orion 15. A challenging off road local race in Epping Forest. Very hilly and often very muddy. A firm favourite of ELR!
10. Sunday 26th March 2017 - 9.30am - Gade Valley Harriers 20 mile Marathon Training run. Details as above but cost £10.00. Please download this REGISTRATION FORM
10. Sunday 2nd April 2017 - 10am - The Oakley 20. - The course consists of one 12 mile loop on undulating country roads around Oakley and North Bedfordshire villages followed by a slightly different second loop of 8 miles.
Please check the Latest News page of this website or our Group page on Facebook a few days before each activity/run to check that it is on/full details etc.
Monday - Track night. See Track Section of this website. Suitable for all levels from Beginners to experienced runners.
Tuesday -Ad hoc marathon training runs, typically 10k'sh in length from Wanstead Leisure Centre at 7pm. Usually start in January.
Wednesday - Club Night run from WLC at 7pm, typically 10k, 8k and 5k in distance.
Saturday morning parkrun. At 9am FREE timed 5k runs/races at Wanstead Flats (Harrow Road), Valentines Park, Ilford and many other venues across London, the UK and other Countries. Suitable for all levels from beginners to experienced runners.
First timers register at
Saturday mornings - Ad hoc Marathon Training runs (see Sunday below).
Sunday mornings - Spring Marathon training runs. Typically 10 - 22 Mile Forest runs/ road run, building mileage up each week. - Most often in Epping Forest but sometimes in Hainault Forest. We meet at different locations each week as published on this website and our Group page on Facebook 3 or 4 days in advance. There are often 2 or 3 groups running at different paces, e.g. fast, medium and slow paces.
In addition we Race in the Chingford League and Sunday Cross Country League race series throughout the winter. Full details are on the Cross Country/Chingford League pages of this website. There is a no race entry fee payable by the individual Club member for each of these races.
East London Runners
Wanstead Leisure CentreRedbridge Lane WestWansteadLondonE11 2JZ
Monday: Track NightWednesday: Club RunSaturday: parkrunSunday: Long Run
Contact UsJoining the ClubWhat's OnResultsDistance Log