RESULTS of the Club Ballot of Guaranteed Places for 2020 (Now deferred to 2021, 2022 or 2023)
1. John Henry (Reserve for Bernadette Kalmar)
2. Ashley Faria
3. Joanna Neville
4. James Nicholls
5. Edward Barnard
6. Jonathan Wooldridge (Reserve for Manjit Singh)
7. Peter Hatley
8. Ged Browne
9. Jay Sangha
10. Suzanne Taylor
11. Neil Gage
Alice Barrett is running London for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
I have always wanted to run the London Marathon but never believed I would be able to. Just over a year ago I started running to lose weight for my brother's wedding. At the time I couldn't run for more than 5 minutes without stopping. I persevered and a year later I have run 2 half marathons.
The Guide Dogs For the Blind is a charity very close to my heart. I have looked after 5 guide dogs whilst they have been in training and how they help those that need it is amazing.. Working so closely with the trainers and dogs I can see how valuable all contributions are. One gentleman I met hadn't been able to go to a coffee shop by himself until the age of 40. He was given his first dog, the dog gave him the companionship and guidance he needed.
I am aiming to raise £2000 for this huge personal challenge. Every sponsorship will not only support the puppies but will also provide the encouragement for the training ahead.
London Marathon Sunday 3th October 2021 - Club Rules/Criteria for Guaranteed Places
Virgin Money London Marathon Sunday 3 October 2021
- Club Ballot for places will be held in early 2021.
Virgin Money London Marathon will be sending out their ACCEPTANCE or REJECTION packs in early 2021.
The ballot of the club places for the Virgin Money London Marathon October 2021 will take place in early 2021 prior to the regular Club run.
ELR Ballot rules -
1. The first five places will be allocated in to a "Volunteering Ballot" being those that have achieved a volunteering score of 4 points or more (see Volunteering). The remaining places will be open to Members where East London Runners is their First Claim Club.
The date of First Claim will be when a new member joins the club and can be freely registered by us with England Athletics (EA). Where a new member is already registered with EA with another Club or organisation then the date of First Claim will be the date when EA confirms to us that they have transferred their registration to ELR.
The following criteria apply to the Volunteer Ballot and the Club Ballot:
2. Fully paid up First Claim member by 1st April 2019 and paid/renewed their Membership for 2020/21 on or before 30th June 2020.
3. Applied in the public ballot and was rejected by LM for October 2021.
4. Can provide proof to the Club of being rejected by LM 2021. Proof by
way of rejection slip/letter or e.mail from LM 2021. Rejection letters can be handed to Mike, James Nichols or Jonathan at the Club. Please forward your rejection e.mail to email@example.com. Note a rejection magazine or copy of same is insufficient proof.
5. Members who have been successful and have not passed the place back to the Club through injury or other reason or who have subsequently received a place as a Reserve in the previous year Club Ballot will not be eligible for entry in the following yearly ballot.
In the unlikely situation where not all places are taken up by other eligible Club Members any spare places could then be balloted among the previous year successful members if they meet all the other rules/criteria. This rule is to apply to those successful in the ballot for LM2019 and for future London Marathons.
6. Member to advise Mike Wilson, James Nichols,or Jonathan Wooldridge that they wish to be in the ballot and provide proof of rejection on or before 23:59 on Tuesday DD MMM 2021.
7. Members who qualify for Good for Age and Championship places in the London Marathon are ineligible for our Ballot as they must apply under these categories.
8. The draw will take place on Wednesday DD MMM 2021 at 6.50pm prior to the normal Club run.