Wednesday 7th November 2018 ELR Club Ballot for Guaranteed Places in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2019
List of members qualifying for our Ballot for Guaranteed Places in the 2019 London Marathon (20)
List of successful Members in 2018 Marathon (for reference only)
1. Lucy Barron
2. Roger Stubbs
3. Maran Raju
4. Sandra Hiller
5. Michael Bamford
6. Maud Hodson
7. Diana Rexhepaj
8. Robyn Hase (Turtle)
9. David Hallybone
10. Ruel Ordonio
ELR Rules for the Club Ballot for Guaranteed Places in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2019
Virgin Money London Marathon 28th April 2019 - Club Ballot for places will be held on Wednesday 7th November 2018.
Virgin Money London Marathon will be sending out their ACCEPTANCE or REJECTION packs around 1stOctober 2018 and over the following 7 days.
The ballot of the Club places for the Virgin Money London Marathon 2019 will take place on Wednesday 7th November 2018 at 6.50pm prior to the regular Club run.
ELR Ballot rules -
1. Open to Members where East London Runners is their First Claim Club.
The date of First Claim will be when a new member joins the club and can be freely registered by us with England Athletics (EA). Where a new member is already registered with EA with another Club or organisation then the date of First Claim will be the date when EA confirms to us that they have transferred their registration to ELR.
2. Fully paid up First Claim member by 1st April 2017 and paid/renewed their Membership for 2018/19 on or before 30th June 2018.
3. Applied in the public ballot and was rejected by VMLM for 2019.
4. Can provide proof to the Club of being rejected by VMLM 2019. Proof by
way of rejection slip/letter or e.mail from VMLM 2019. Rejection letters can be handed to Mike, Don or Jonathan at the Club. Please forward your rejection e.mail to email@example.com. Note a rejection magazine or copy of same is insufficient proof.
5. Members who have been successful and have not passed the place back to the Club through injury or other reason or who have subsequently received a place as a Reserve in the previous year Club Ballot will not be eligible for entry in the following yearly ballot.
In the unlikely situation where not all places are taken up by other eligible Club Members any spare places could then be balloted among the previous year successful members if they meet all the other rules/criteria. This rule is to apply to those successful in the ballot for LM2018 which took place in November 2017 and for future London Marathons.
6. Member to advise Mike Wilson, Don Bennett,or Jonathan Wooldridge that they wish to be in the ballot and provide proof of rejection on or before 23:59 on Tuesday 6th November 2018.
7. Members who qualify for Good for Age and Championship places in the London Marathon are ineligible for our Ballot as they must apply under these categories.
8. The draw will take place on Wednesday 7th November 2018 at 6.50pm prior to the normal Club run.
Sunday 28th April 2019 - Virgin Money London Marathon 2019
Virgin Money London Marathon 2019 - Sunday 28th April 2019.
(Easter Sunday is 21st April 2019)
The public ballot entry system for the 2019 - www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/how-to-enter/
Virgin Money London Marathon opens on Monday 30 April 2018 and closes at 17:00 on Friday 4 May 2018. The ballot will be open for five days to give everyone who wants to enter the event a fair chance to do so.