London Marathon 2024 - Club Ballot Results
Congratulations to the winners of the club ballot for London Marathon 2024 places:
EA affiliation places:
In the event of anyone being unable to take their place due to injury or other reason, places will be allocated to the reserves in the same category, in the following order:
Reserves for EA affiliation places:
1. Imran Mustak
2. Finbar Sheahan
Reserves for volunteer places:
1. Carlton D'Souza
2. Jakub Czeczotka
London Marathon 2024 - Rules for Club Ballot of Guaranteed Places
TCS London Marathon - Sunday 21st April 2024
The ballot of club places for the 2024 TCS London Marathon will take place on Wednesday 27th September 2023. This year, ELR has been allocated four places: two through our EA affiliation, and two in return for volunteering at the 2023 event.
ELR Ballot Eligibility - Main Criteria
Members must meet the following criteria to enter the club ballot:
1. The ballot is open to Members where East London Runners is their First Claim Club.
The date of First Claim is when a new member joins the club and can be freely registered by us with England Athletics (EA). Where a new member is already registered with EA with another Club or organisation then the date of First Claim is the date when EA confirms to us that they have transferred their registration to ELR.
2. Was a fully paid up First Claim member on 1st April 2022, and paid/renewed their Membership for 2023/24 on or before 30th June 2023.
3. Applied in the public ballot for April 2024 but was unsuccessful, and can provide proof to the Club of this by way of a rejection slip/letter or email from London Marathon.
4. Not eligible for a 2024 Good for Age or Championship place. *
5. Did not receive a place in the Club ballot for the 2023 event (either directly or subsequently as a reserve), unless the place was passed back to the Club due to injury or other reason.
* Since Good for Age places are not guaranteed and won't be confirmed until after the club ballot, members with a marathon time less than 10 minutes under the published GFA qualifying time for their age category may enter the club ballot. However, the club requests that members in that situation apply for a GFA place, and in the event of being successful in that category, promptly notify the club so that their club place may be allocated to a reserve.
ELR Ballot Eligibility - Volunteer Affiliation Places
To enter the ballot for the two Volunteer places, members must meet all the criteria listed above, as well as:
6. Volunteered at least twice for the club, in the calendar year ending 31st August 2023. Volunteering can be in any capacity, for example at our races, the previous London marathon water station, leading club runs or track sessions, or organising social events.
Application and Ballot Procedure
Eligible members who would like to apply for a 2024 club place must email Mike Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org that they wish to enter the club ballot, on or before 23:59 on Sunday 24th September 2023, along with the following information:
- Proof of rejection in the public ballot. Please forward your rejection email to email@example.com. Rejection letters can be handed to Mike, Jacob or Alexandra at the Club. Note: a rejection magazine or copy of same is insufficient proof.
- If entering the volunteer ballot, please list two specific occasions when you volunteered for the club in the past year. For example, "led club run on 23rd August", or "volunteered at the London Marathon water station". Any member not providing this information will be entered into the ballot for EA Affiliation places only.
The draw will take place on Wednesday 27th September 2023 at 6.50pm at Eton Manor RFC, prior to the club run. For each category of places (EA Affiliation and Volunteering), two names will be drawn from the pool of candidates eligible for that category, as well as two reserves in case of injury or other withdrawal.
In the unlikely situation where not all places are taken up by eligible Club Members, any spare places may be balloted among the previous year's successful members if they meet all the other rules/criteria.